SOLD: STOCKPORT TOWN CENTRE – Archer HouseSTOCKPORT TOWN CENTRE - Archer House
- Property Details
- Print Details
- Add To Shortlist
- Send To Friend
- Situated in the Heart of Stockport Town Centre
- New Off-Plan Properties
- Strong Rental & Home-Ownership
- 10 Year Build Warranty
- Fabulous Urban Views
- Private Car Park
- Allocated Car Parking Space
- Video Access Control
- Contemporary Accommodation
- White Gloss Kitchen with Integrated Appliances
- Modern Designed Bathroom Suites
- Laminate, Carpeting and Tiled Flooring
- Major 'LIVE' Town Centre Investment & Regeneration
- Town Centre Business District
- Minutes from Merseyway Shopping Centre
- Close to Manchester / London Line Railway Station
- Close to M60 Junction 1
- Close Stockport College
- Stockport's Main Hospital only 1.8 Miles
- Manchester City Centre only 7 Miles
Location! Location! Location! - Significant Town Centre Growth & Investment Potential
*** NOW SOLD ***
Letting & Management by: O'Connor Bowden - 0161 406 0044
Building Management by: O'Connor Bowden Rebloom - 01625 569 774
O’Connor Bowden are delighted to offer this fabulous development of 75 off-plan apartments located in the heart of Stockport Town Centre, within the town’s business district. There are a total of 70 x 1 bedroom apartments and 5 x Studio apartments arranged equally over five floors with each apartment having its own allocated car parking space.
The apartments are located in a high demand rental area and promoted for sale at realistic discounted prices to suit the buy-to-let investor. Residents are likely to be younger single, professional tenants working within the town centre business community or commuting to nearby Manchester City Centre.
ARCHER HOUSE is a refurbishment development project which will convert a brick built, former office building, constructed approximately 10 years ago for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs department, into 75 contemporary town centre apartments. The apartment interiors will be white and bright, with spacious rooms, many with fabulous urban views across the town centre. White gloss fitted kitchens with high end touches and integrated appliances combine to provide contemporary and practical living accommodation. Each bedroom is a double sized room and white bathroom suites with modern fixtures and fittings complete the amazing ‘chic’ looking apartments. To complement and finish the design, each apartment will benefit from laminate, carpeting and tiled flooring throughout and within the grounds of the development is a private car park, which will provide a private allocated car parking space for each property.
“We really cannot enthuse enough over the location of this development and its potential as future investment”.
The development is located in the heart of the town’s business district, behind Stockport Law Courts and adjacent to the Town Hall and numerous Government office buildings. You couldn’t get a better position for a young professional working in one of the many offices in Stockport. The location provides residents with the convenience for accessing their workplace, numerous town’s bars and restaurants nearby for evening entertainment and at the weekend, the town’s vast shopping centre and historic market is immediately on hand.
Stockport town centre straddles the source of the River Mersey. This means many properties, including ARCHER HOUSE, also benefit from far reaching urban views from a naturally elevated position.
“REAL growth, investment and development in Stockport Town Centre”
Aside from the location, strong rental demand and value for money are offered with this development, Stockport Town Centre is undergoing some significant changes from investment and re-development. These are real changes and improvements which have genuinely started. The potential impact on the area is truly positive and in our opinion endorses potential growth afforded to the area and this development.
• Stockport Exchange – £145m commercial development next to the railway station has commenced, providing 1,000 space car park, 115 bed hotel, over 370,000 sq ft new office space and sizeable retail development
• Redrock – Next to Merseyway Shopping Centre is now on-site with an exciting £45m Leisure Destination with 10 screen cinema multiplex; 40,000 sq ft of retail and restaurants; Urban Realm with entertainment areas, bars and cafes.
• Lee Street Apartments – Next to the development at the former Police Station, is due to be converted into 44 high quality apartments.
• Covent Garden Village – Opposite the development, is a large design sensitive project to replace existing 1950’s social housing flats with 100’s of new build private 2 and 3 bedrooms town houses incorporating the refurbishment of historic properties and building within the Lower Hillgate conservation area
• Piccadilly Square – Next to the Town Hall, will be a residential development. HR Owen Lamborghini have now relocated and their former showroom, which has been demolished to make way for a luxury residential apartment development
• ‘Metrolink-ready’ Transport Interchange – Stockport Bus Terminus and Railway Station is ready to receive Metrolink, Manchester’s Tram system.
• Town Centre Investment - £900m investment planned in next 5 years including Street Improvements; “Portas” Retail Improvements; Historic Market Place expansion.
• New Jobs & Homes – The current live growth plans are expected to create 5,000 new jobs and result in 1,100 new town centre homes.
Additionally, as a key strategic location and affluent borough, Stockport has and will continue play a key role in formation of the Northern Powerhouse; the approved Government Plan to rebalance the UK economy, ensuring Manchester is the leading regional city at the hub of the Northern Powerhouse, expecting to contribute £19.4bn in economic output by 2030.
Stockport is a highly sought after residential region of Greater Manchester, located on the southern Manchester / north Cheshire boarder. Stockport has a higher than average home ownership rate resulting in higher than average property prices and strong demand for property and accommodation. Indeed suburbs such as Woodford, Bramhall and Hazel Grove rank amongst the wealthiest in the UK. Apart from the busy town centre, there are numerous highly populated suburbs occupied by a vast commuting work force, yet beyond the urban sprawl and the close vibrant Manchester city centre, the area is surrounded by miles of beautiful open countryside from the ‘Pennines’ to the ‘Cheshire Plain’.
Shopping and retail business is centred in and round “Merseyway” retail centre and hosts numerous high street vendors such as River Island, Next, Primark and Debenhams. The vast retail area is also supported by the large Historic Market and Victorian Market Hall in the old town together with the Peel Centre, a large modern retail park also adjacent to Merseyway. There are three large superstores in town, Tesco Extra, Sainsbury’s and Asda. The new Redrock Leisure destination is being built to the north side of Merseyway. This will enhance and further expand the retail area. The Stockport Exchange development will provide a new 115 bedroom hotel and nearly 400,000 sq ft of new office accommodation, a cohesive extension to the Westside of the shopping district.
The Business District in Stockport is a large employment area of the town, concentrated to the south of the main shopping and retail area. There are numerous employers occupying large office premises including; insurance companies, banks, local government departments and the local authority. Additionally, over 100,000 people are employed 7 miles away in Manchester city centre, working in banking, finance or insurance. Employment opportunities in the region are consistently healthy, which is why Greater Manchester has more UK millionaires than anywhere else outside London
Apart from being situated in the town’s business district, next to Stockport Courts and the Town Hall, close by to ARCHER HOUSE is Stockport Collage Campus and the town’s main hospital, Stepping Hill, is only approximately 1.8 miles south of the development. Stockport Town Centre is not without its culture being home to; The National Hat Museum, The Staircase House Museum (15th Century House in historic market place) and the Air Raid Shelters Museum (a WWII museum set deep in the sandstone caves under the town).
ARCHER HOUSE is located adjacent to the A6, Wellington Road South, the main southern artery road leading towards Manchester City Centre. Stockport Bus Terminus and main line railway station for Manchester to London is both a five minute walk away. The railway station is already one of the best connected town centre stations in the UK. With the addition of the forthcoming Metrolink system, Stockport will be even better connected to Manchester. For drivers, the M60 orbital motorway is accessed from the town centre at junction 1, within a couple of minutes from ARCHER HOUSE.
Stockport is situated to the south of Manchester between Manchester itself and the Cheshire town of Macclesfield. Stockport is only 40 miles from Chester and Liverpool on the east coast and with equal distance to Sheffield on the western edge of the Pennines.
Manchester International Airport, itself currently undergoing a £1bn transformation and growth program, is approximately 8 miles away, closer to Stockport than it is to Manchester, making the area a popular housing location for airport workers.
• Double glazed opening windows
• Access control car park with allocated space for each apartment
• Bicycle store
• Communal bin storage and refuse area
Communal Internal Area
• Video entry access control system
• Twin passenger lifts to all floors
• Staircase to all floors
• Secure post room
• Tiling to the principle ground floor communal areas
• Carpeting to communal hallways
• Vinyl flooring to the stairwells
• Laminate flooring to apartment hallways and living rooms
• Carpeting to bedrooms
• Ceramic flooring to bathrooms
• Communal area painted in white
• Apartments to be finished with white walls and woodwork
• Chrome ironmongery
• Contemporary white gloss kitchen units
• Laminate work top surfaces with inset stainless steel sink & drainer
• Built-in oven, hob, extractor hood with splash back
• Integrated brand appliances to include; Washer / Drier & fridge / Freezer
• Three piece white suite
• Full height wall tiling around bath
• Ceramic floor tiling
• Shower fitments over bath with screen
• Chrome heated towel rail
• Electrical panel heating
• LED ceiling down lighters
• TV points in living rooms and bedrooms
The development will be subject to a build warranty provided by CRL Management Limited (CRL), in particular providing structural defects insurance and developer insolvency cover.
Deposits are to be protected through; stake holder arrangements with solicitors; CRL warranty protection and contract terms agreed with the purchaser’s solicitors prior to exchanging contracts.
Each apartment will be sold with an individual leasehold title for 225 years, subject to an annual ground rent of £350.00 with five yearly RPI reviews.
ESTIMATED SERVICE CHARGE:
Service charges are currently estimated at £1.50 per square foot. The service charge may be subject to change and further information will be provided within the legal contract.
All Sales are Subject to Contract
O’CONNOR BOWDEN are the retained SOLE SELLING AGENTS.
- Download Floor Plan BrochureDownload Sales Brochure ARCHER HOUSE STOCKPORT
Contact O'Connor Bowden | Property Investment & Development
SOLD: STOCKPORT TOWN CENTRE – Archer House
THE PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1991: The Agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or Surveyor. References to the tenure of a property are based on information supplied by the Seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor. Items shown in photographs are NOT included unless specifically mentioned in the sales particulars. They may, however, be available by separate negotiation. Buyers must check the availability of any property and make an appointment to view before embarking on any journey to see a property. Although these particulars are thought to be materially correct their accuracy cannot be guaranteed and they do not form part of any contract. All measurements are approximate
MISREPRESENTATION ACT 1967: The property details have been produced in good faith, are set out as a general guide and do not constitute the whole or part of any contract. All liability, in negligence or otherwise, arising from the use of the details is hereby excluded